WELCOME TO RETURN TO TRAINING ON RESTRICTED CONDITIONS
As had been previously noted following the lifting of some restrictions due to the COVID-19 pandemic and in consultation with National and State organisation, including Rugby Union South Australia and the South Australian Government Departments for Health & Wellbeing and Recreation & Sport, we are pleased to be able to commence training again for Rugby Union at our Club.
At this stage there are several restrictions in place which allow us to return to training in the current circumstances in a safe way. While this may seem inconvenient in the short-term, these protocols have been developed with your
health and wellbeing at the forefront and will allow us as a Sport and as a State to effectively monitor our return to
the sport we love.
During Step 1 return to play, we will be limited to:
– Training in groups of 10 plus 1 coach / facilitator or less;
– Training in a defined area of the pitch (to maintain social distancing requirements in small groups);
– Non-contact training (i.e. only practicing passing, kicking, fitness, body shape and game structure);
The Club will also be following recommended sanitisation of equipment and effective social distancing required under Step 1. This means that only the public toilets at Tregenza Oval will be available during training times.
Now that the Committee have finalised all of the necessary preparations we will be training from Monday 18th May 2020 onwards. Please refer to our closed group team pages for exact training times and further details for each playing group.
PLEASE NOTE – You must be prepared for training as follows:
1. Be registered in Rugby Xplorer (minimum “Training Only” registration)
2. Arrive to training on time and ready to train (dressed appropriately, strapping done at home etc)
3. Bring your own water bottle!
4. Notify your coach/manager on arrival (so your attendance can be recorded on an attendance sheet)
5. Leave any personal effects (including water bottle) at the sanitisation station for your training area
Spectators / Parents / Guardians:
During Step 1 and Step 2 restrictions we need to keep attendees to our Club at an absolute minimum. As such, we
request that we do not have any spectators to training sessions at this time.
For parents and guardians, please limit attendance to at most 1 parent/guardian where possible. Please also note
that our Club Rooms remain closed at this time, meaning we do not have food or beverages available, and do not have indoor shelter available. We will also require any persons at the Club to observe a minimum 1.5m distance from each other.
This is our first step back to playing Rugby in our State. If we can effectively stick to these current restrictions (and
effectively monitor any change in the pandemic) we trust we can return to play our competition as soon as possible.
Should you have any queries or not currently be a member of the club and is interested in playing this year please reach out as follows;
Seniors, Womens & U18s – Danny McCartan – Ph – 0412 849 004 / E-mail – Danny.Mccartan@northline.com.au
Juniors – Chris Killick – PH – 0410 005 315 – E-mail – email@example.com
Thank you for your cooperation.
Old Collegians RUFC – Committee